Formation of MHMC
MHMC was formed with the collective support of various stakeholders particularly the NGOs and other institutions who work on MHM promotion, sanitary napkin production, and who have a commitment and involvement in working for the cause of MHM.
The stakeholders who have been involved from its inception are: the Woman NGO, Keeranur, Pudukottai, Gandhigram Rural Trust, Dindigul, Shri Cheema Foundation, Chennai, Women Entrepreneurs Association of Tamil Nadu(WEAT), Trichy, Cord Foundation, Coimbatore, India NGO, Chennai, Scope, Trichy, Myrada, Erode, Auroville, Pondicherry, Annai Theresa SHG Federation, Kancheepuram, various SHG women producing napkins, Department of Women’s Studies, Bharathidasan University, Doctors representatives from Government Medical Colleges and Private Hospitals, College Principals, Professors, School Teachers and Heads, School and College students, journalists, and various other organizations.
An Adhoc Committee was formed along with an Advisory Committee in the first stage and later office bearers were nominated and EC members were also chosen, and assumed charge as per the by laws and MOU enclosed having representing various NGOs, Doctors, Line Departments, Journalist, College, University etc. The Advisory Committee consists of various stakeholders, including representatives from all line departments who are directly or indirectly connected with promotion of sanitation, UNICEF, College Principals of the Colleges, State Social Welfare Board, District Collector, Mayor, CEO, Social Welfare Officer, District Rehabilitation Officer etc.
MHMC WILL SUPPORT THE SHGs and Others:
- To disseminate information for proper education and awareness on MH practices among girls and women.
- To Produce quality napkins.
- To Promote MHM innovative practiceses.
- To Upgrade the Technology.
- To ensure quality raw materials at competitive Prices, for Sanitary Napkin Production.
- To Share Best Practices.
- To Get Training in mechanized production.
- To Promote Safe Disposal methods.
- To promote Networking.
- To Undertake advocacy, expand existing markets and create new markets.